July 30, 2013

The Mom Club

When we found out a few months ago that one of our dearest friends, Elizabeth, was moving away, a few friends and I planned a little San Diego “staycation” in an effort to quash our heartache by creating something to look forward to. It seemed to work for a minute, but we still miss her dearly.

Lela, Elizabeth, Kristi, & me

The staycation took place at my 6.5 week mark. So to me, being newly and excitedly pregnant, the staycation felt like it doubled as a pseudo “welcome-to-the-mom-club” weekend. It was strangely elating to finally have a voice to contribute to all the pregnancy and motherhood conversations. And, although I exercised my “first-timer’s rite of passage” to exhibit paranoia regarding what foods and activities to avoid (which probably generated a few giggles from the more seasoned 3), that didn't seem to put a damper on our fun.

Hairstyles at The Dry Bar
Pedicures at Beauty Lounge

Burger Lounge

Dessert at D Bar





There was no shortage of pampering, delectable food, late night chats, and uncontrollable laughter. That’s just how we roll when we’re together, and I wouldn't have it any other way.


1 comment:

  1. That weekend was EPIC! The food the laughs and my wonderful MOMMY friends! Love you girls so much!

    ReplyDelete