August 20, 2013

On Friendship


I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
 . . .
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you'll have rewritten mine
By being my friend.

(lyrics from “For Good” from the musical Wicked)


When it comes to friends, life has been extremely good to me. Not only have I been privileged to have an abundance of wonderful friends; but, likewise, I have been blessed by the timing with which each of them has graced my life. Each friend seems to come bearing different talents and qualities that strengthen me, uplift me, teach me, and change me for the better. It’s almost as if the winds of change breeze through life at the most calculated times, carrying seeds of friendship which blossom into friendships that grow in our hearts forever. And, for this, I am grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment