October 30, 2013

Showered with Love

A few weekends ago, (at my 32 week mark) Parker and I traveled to Las Vegas for a baby shower thrown by my sisters and mom. The theme was “Showered with Love” and that is exactly how I felt. I could hardly believe it was real and that it was all for me and my little one. I felt so spoiled and loved.

Sandy (MIL), Karol (my mom), Ashley (sister), Me, Kaitlyn (SIL, bottom), Shellese (SIL, top), Kalli (SIL)

I don’t know how I got so lucky to be blessed with the family that I did, but I sure am grateful. My mom and my sister are my heart and the greatest examples to me of the type of mother I want to be. Never did I think that I would someday feel that same type of love for my sisters-in-law. But, to my fortune, my brothers hooked a sister up when it came to choosing their wives. The same can be said about my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law on Parker’s side—angels every one of them.

There was love stitched into every detail of the party, from the children’s book for guests to sign as they entered, to the food and décor, to the hosts and guests themselves. It was wonderful to be able to see friends and family that I don’t get to see as often as I would like since moving to San Diego.
My sisters even had a table set up where guests could make headbands for my little one while waiting for others to arrive. 







It was perfection from beginning to end.

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful, Stephanie! What a wonderful experience to be surrounded by all those beautiful women in your life! You and Little Girl are already so loved by so many!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how tiny you look still steph!!!! I am so glad you felt the love and and caring that so many people have for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg so cute!!! I love that theme...(might have to steal it for the next shower I throw). Your family really is the sweetest :) You deserve it all, Love! You're going to be such an amazing Mother. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!

    Hashtag hurryupbabysmith :)

    ReplyDelete