September 6, 2013

So Long Sweet Summer

Even though I have no kids of my own yet and the weather in San Diego is still some of the best beach weather of the year, back-to-school time always feels like the end of summer to me. Wouldn't you agree?

Summer 2013 has been a memorable whirlwind of coast to coast adventures for Parker and me (+ my little in-utero traveling companion)—from San Diego to Boston to Cape Cod to Philadelphia to Atlantic City to New York City to Las Vegas to Bluewater to Phoenix to Tucson and then back to San Diego. (Wow, I feel exhausted just typing all of that!)



New York City  + Philadephia, PA + Bluewater, NM


Gingerbread Cottages - Martha's Vineyard + Sabino Canyon - Tucson + Fenway Park - Boston

Amid all of the traveling we also found time to host a few visitors and indulge in many of our summertime favorites.  
Endless beach days.
Weekend breakfasts at Kono's.
Visits from the nephews.
Kayaking with friends.
4th of July BBQs with all the fixings.
Fried foods + bountiful bacon at the San Diego County Fair.



Little Italy Farmers Market.

Pedicures + neon polish.














Tennis matches with friends.



Neighborhood food tours.
Boating and wake-boarding.

Pink ice cream in celebration of baby girl!










Beach bonfires + tinfoil dinners with twins!
Summer softball with the boys.










Baseball games + bubble gum blowing contests.
 Birthday celebrations + patio dinner parties + amazing food and friends!


Watching sea lions at La Jolla Cove.

To say the least, Parker and I have been making the most of our last days as a family of 2, and I have a couple of less-than-flattering “cankles” to prove it.


For now, so long sweet summer. We bid you warm adieu ‘til next year.

3 comments:

  1. What happened to your foot???
    It looks like your summer was packed with fun... but I'm glad it's over, cause it means it's getting closer for me to see you!!!!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you had such a fun summer! It's awesome you guys got so much traveling in. I'm impressed. :) And it looks like you had a blast. Yay! So sorry about your swollen feet . . . that was NO fun when I was pregnant. I bought myself some tight running socks from The Running Store, and they helped my feet feel a little better in my last trimester. I remember many-a-night just lounging on my couch with my feet up and my belly exposed . . . just lettin' it all hang out. HAHA. :) Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this! I had fun just reading about I'm sure living it was so much better! Glad you had a summer jammed packed full of fun and endless travels. That what you need to do before having a baby and then it being much more difficult. Love you Parker and bitty baby smith! Lots more fun is to be had this coming year!

    ReplyDelete